On Tue, Apr02,02 14:38, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> I've only been using blackbox for a few months, but it is certainly my
> favorite WM in the more than two years I've been using Linux. My only beef
> with it so far is the slit... and not so much how it looks or works, but how
> programs are loaded into it.
>
> I've searched through the archives, and seen the hacks people have done to
> get dockapps, bbtools, and whatnot to load in a specified order, and to date
> I have been unable to get 100% compliance on my machine. About 1 in 4 times
> or more, the apps I load into it come in a randy order.
>
> I saw somewhere, when I was first trying out blackbox, a little application
> somebody had written to insure that apps came in in the appropriate order...
> but since I didn't know what that meant at the time, I ignored it and
> promptly lost the URL.
>
> I've tried hacks like:
>   bbrun &
>   sleep 1 && bbpager &
>   sleep 1 && wmusic &
> etc., but these are not consistent.
>
> Any _other_ ideas anyone?

bbrun &
sleep 1 && bbpager &
sleep 3 && wmusic &

This gives bbpager enough time to load first, then wmusic, and then any
other apps after that.

DC

--
Derek Cunningham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Human beings act intelligently only after they have
exhausted the alternatives" -- Abba Eban

Registered Linux User Number 195825