> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:38:59 +0100
> From: Igor ??ivkovi?? <cont...@igor-zivkovic.from.hr>
> To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: Re: [blfs-dev] discussion about sendmail
>
> On 2014-02-26 15:24, lf...@cruziero.com wrote:
> >> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 13:47:05 +0100
> >> From: Igor ??ivkovi?? <cont...@igor-zivkovic.from.hr>
> >> To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org>
> >> Subject: Re: [blfs-dev] discussion about sendmail

> > You _'believe'_: references, for both/each of the perf/sec counts?
>
> Both.

And as asked clearly: the references are ... , what, where?

> > As for the build/config: ref readily-avail build-specs from other
> > distros -
> > e.g. Slackware.
> >
> > Removal of packages should be done in a considered manner: some of the
> > recent stuff looks like folks _STAMPING_OUT_ things that they happen to
> > not like, or have some 'bee in the head' about, or is beyond their ken,
> > or they _just_can't_be_bothered_about_(TM), &usw.
>
> Sendmail was considered as not worth the effort. But patches are
> welcome, as always.

Not even the fairly simple effort of seeing what other distros do - as is
done for much in b/lfs?

Any other packages - e.g. TeXLive, LibreOffice, ... - you'd classify
similarly?

Patches: effectively yes, look at the Slackware build.

If you instead want direct patches to the blfs book xml, then you need
to realise that folks will look at how previous work is treated, while
deciding if they want theirs to run the risk of the same.

rgds,
akh