>On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 12:43:45 +0000
>lf...@cruziero.com (akhiezer) wrote:
>
> > Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:33:49 +0000 (GMT)
> > From: Richard <r_j_humphr...@yahoo.co.uk>
> > To: BLFS Support List <blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
> > Subject: Re: [blfs-support] WebKitGTK-1/Flash

> > I am aware of this and would welcome a viable FOSS alternative. For
> > the moment flash remains a necessity. It has been a couple of years
> > since I looked at any FOSS flash alternatives - but my recollection
> > is that they fell far short of the mark.
> >

> ( - so does flash ;)  ).
>
> I see 'lightspark' mentioned quite often; never tried it, or read up
> on it.

I'll check it out next weekend and report back with the results.

> > So, does anybody have any other good ideas? Have I misunderstood
> > some vital concept?

One vital concept comes to mind: does uzbl understand the format that
libflashplayer.so is in? Alternatively, can uzbl use some other plugin
files originally compiled and linked for Firefox/Chromium?

It has been ages since I last read anything about uzbl and I don't
remember anything relating to the answer to the above question. That
may be the best direction to try probing for now.

***
@akhiezer: I'm cc'ing you in this e-mail because your e-mail (the post
to which I am replying) has the Reply-To header field set, with your
e-mail in it. I don't normally cc people when posting to the list, so
that's why I'm pointing this out like this.

--
Svi moji e-mailovi su kriptografski potpisani. Proverite ih.
All of my e-mails are cryptographically signed. Verify them.