I cook on my grill probably more then I do on or in the stove in the
kitchen.  If you like your food cooked over a camp fire, you can always buy
a smoker box.  Just fill it up with your favorite kind of wood chips like
maybe Misdeed or Hickory.  You can buy the wood chips in Wal-Mart.  Come to
think of it, you can buy the smoker box there too.  They come in all kinds
of shapes and sizes.  What you do is to fill the box with wood chips.  Let
the chips soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.  Even
an old coffee can works to soak wood chips in.  Place the chips in the
smoker box and place the smoker box on the grate of the grill.  Because the
wood chips are wet, they will just smoke and smolder.  You probably can use
them again by wetting them again.  My wife says their cheap enough for
single use.  Depending on your taste, you may like this kind of chips for
this and that kind of chips for something else.  Or no smoke flavored
anything, take the box out of the grill.

In a pinch, and to see how you would like smoking food, take a peace of tin
foile maybe 18 inches long.  Make a rectangle out of  and place your wet
wood chips in the center Fold the sides to make a little package.  With a
fork punch holes in the top of the package to let the smoke out.  Advantage:
cheap and when your done, toss it in the trash.  The larger ones let you use
more chips and more smoke.  Smoked fish cooked on the grill is great!

Alan

Please click on: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~alanandsuzanne/
There, you'll find files of my arrangements and performances played on
the Yamaha Tyros keyboard.  I often add files so check back regularly!

The albums in Technics  format formerly on my website are still
available upon request.