Adam Turoff [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>
*>Really?  I flipped through it in the bookstore and didn't find much
*>of value to a long-time UNIX user.  Specifically, I wanted to see much
*>more discussion about netinfo and other darwin/osx-isms that you don't
*>find on other *NIXes.  The coverage of netinfo was pretty much limited
*>to "there's a utility called nidump, and another called niutil", but no
*>coverage on how to add a new group, etc.

It was originally titled "Mac OS for Unix Developers" but Jarkko and I
both gave it a scathing review since it was nothing more than a bunch of
lists of commands and such for 95% of the book with a brief section on
packaging which was decent. However, none of the content, at least in the
first round of tech reviews, was worth the cover price vs. getting the
free ADC documentation on-line from Apple. From your description, I doubt
much has changed since they pushed back the production date, changed the
title and didn't include us in the second round of tech reviews.

It might be handy for someone who hasn't ever touched Unix before but you
can get better docs on-line for free at
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/macosx.html

e.