At 05:19 PM 8/4/03 -0700, Deborah Harrell wrote:
Since I just posted about legumes, I thought I'd pass
on this bit about upping the fiber in our diets:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/70/81146.htm

"...But even if you have the will to eat more fiber,
you almost certainly don't have the way. Especially
since the recommended daily dosage was recently raised
from 25 to a throat-choking 38 grams. The obvious
solution -- eating 19 slices of whole-wheat bread a
day -- isn't practical. What you need instead is
subterfuge. Dietary deception. In other words, this
plan for smuggling more roughage into your life.

Whenever you read an article that says you need more fiber, after you're done reading, eat the newspaper.

Has To Be Healthier _And_ Taste Better Than Some So-Called "Health" Foods Maru

-- Ronn! :)