--- Bryon Daly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This brings to mind a pet peeve of mine that drove
> me crazy, but I've never
> seen anyone else comment on it... Back during the
> Clinton era, from day 1 of
> his presidency, Clinton was constantly being called
> a pothead for his
> admitted "didn't inhale" trial experience.  To this
> day, I still see him
> called that.  But then GWB admits while running for
> pres that he was a
> cocaine *user*, which I'd argue is a worse drug,
> with a worse usage history.
>   The "pothead" complainers were strangely silent...

Just to be clear - he has never made any such
admission.  He refused to answer the question as to
whether he has or has not.  Given how frantically the
Gore opposition research team was looking for evidence
that he had, and how much money they were spending on
it, my bet is that he didn't, because it would have
come out if he had.  I don't really know that, though,
it's just my guess.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]