Alberto Monteiro wrote:

> > > Out of curiosity, do you object to Tom Clancy novels?
> >
> > Oh, I do. The first book of his I read, one of his
> characters implied,
> >
> But if that was the opinion of a _character_, it does not
> necessarily mean that it was the opinion of the _author_.

Oh, certainly. But sometimes, some characters irritate me so much that I
don't care to find out whom else the author has created. :)

> > somewhere in the first 50 pages, that Indira Gandhi was
> > assassinated because India is such an awful place that
> > her own security guards had no choice but to kill her.
> > The officer wound up his rumination with:  'I am
> > so glad I live in a country where I am not forced
> > into killing the man I swore to protect, where I
> > can take pride in my country and its leaders.'
> >
> And what did this officer do in the rest of the book? Did
> he try to kill the president of the USA? :-)

*g*

Who knows? I never reached that far. That particular comment got me so
irritated that I started reading something else. Mind you, I was
pregnant at the time and given to strong emotional reactions....

Ritu, who'll try to look for the book and see if she still reacts the
same way