O.k., I suppose that I have a moral obligation to step in to this
discussion, particularly following Dan's observation.

As perhaps the author of the most famous killfile in list history (in re: a
former listmember) I certainly am not going to bash anyone for setting up a
killfile.   I think there are many reasonable reasons for doing so.   For
example, in answer to Erik's question, yes I still have you in my killfile
(or more accurately, I have your posts filtered into my spam bin, where if
a reply to one of your post's interests me, I can go back and reference the
original.   As I stated at the time, I have a particular aversion to
reading the "f" word, particularly after a long day at work.   And this is
not just about you, the only novel I have ever stopped reading was one
where the author tossed around the "f" word like cand.   Its just something
I don't like, and since you have stated in the strongest possible terms
that you will not moderate your language, I have decided that the potential
benefit I get from regularly reading your posts is outweighed by the risk
and cost of the distaste I might feel from reading your posts.

Anyhow, this post is not about you, it is about Doug... and my point is
that I certainly defend Doug's right to determine that the distaste he may
feel from reading my posts, outweighs the benefits he may get from reading
them.

With that being said, I would like to apologize to the List for starting
this entire thread of discussion.   The tagline of mine that started this
whole thing was an expression of sheer frustration on my part.   Doug has
consistently made many posts that are critical of the Bush Administration
and its foreign policy, and unfortunately there are only two people on this
List who consistently support the Bush Administration and its foreign
policy, when Doug killfiles one of them, he effectively immunizes himself
from nearly 50% of the criticism that he is likely to receive.    In this
particular case, I thought that I had some very powerful critiques of
Doug's ideas, and it was just very frustrating to realize that he would
never see these counterpoints to these ideas, and I cracked and expressed
my frustration at a perfectly acceptable publicly.   My apologies for that.

JDG