From: Gautam Mukunda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My own sense of Kerry comes from five years in Boston.
 I kept running into liberal Democrats who hated,
hated, _hated_ George Bush.  They also knew (as in had
met) John Kerry (Massachusetts is a sufficiently small
state that running into a Senator is a fairly common
occurrence).  And many of them said that they would
vote for Bush before they voted for Kerry.  It was
quite remarkable - I've really never seen anything
like it.  Al Gore generated something of the same
feeling, I think, but at a far lower level of intensity.

Really? Wow. I don't know any politicians personally, but I never got any sense of that via news or even local talk radio coverage about him. Why did they dislike Kerry so much?

-Bryon