On 26 Jan 2004, at 10:08 pm, Deborah Harrell wrote:

So I'm frantically sorting and purging, and must now
ask the computer-saavy here what I should have last
month:
I've been given 2 computers for home use (primarily
I'll use for word processing and a little email, don't
care about games or fancy graphics; use the T1 line at
the office for serious research):

-Macintosh Performa 6220CD/75 16/1 GB

Discontinued in 1996. 75MHz PowerPC 603 CPU. Worth about $30. A 'horrible architecture' to 'be avoided at all costs' :)

http://www.lowendmac.com/roadapples/x200.shtml

You could run MkLinux on it, but even then the serial ports don't go above 9600bps making it rather slow on the internet...

-Hewlett Packard Pavillion 6535 "designed for Windows
98," w/ Intel Celeron sticker

Introduced in 1999 (?) 466Mhz Celeron CPU. Probably a bit more useful than the Performa :)

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."
-George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002