> How so?

In many ways it reminds me of how Nine Inch Nails
reinvented him/themselves during the same period. The
nihilism became the focus of the music (as you say
later) but without actually trying to say something
meaningful. I obviously don't have any Nirvana records
anymore (I sold them all to buy Danzig stuff) so I
can't do a line-by-line analysis, but when I came to
the decision to dump them, that's the impression I
had.

It really seemed to me (at the time) that they were
catering to the less attractive passions of teenagers
of the time, without actually having a message.
Nothing has really changed that idea...

> About the Soundgarden bit. Are you saying that they
> are a band of more
> substance than Nirvana? Or do you simply like them
> more?

Both. Infact, I think Soundgarden was the best band to
come from the Big 4 of the "Seattle" music scene from
the time (the others being Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and
Alice in CHains; IIRC Queensryche, being from Seattle,
doesn't count because they came earlier...)

Damon.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: