William T Goodall wrote:

So which of the ~1000 cults are you speaking from Nick?

I'm Lutheran, but that's my church, not my faith.

It is somewhat ironic, I think, that people who criticize "religion" fail to make distinctions among "religion," "church" and "faith." Of course, those words have multiple meanings.

As an example, the kind of distinction I mean is the one found in the saying, "Religion is for people who don't want to go to hell; faith is for people who've been there."

And there's the church, which is the people of God, and the church that I attend. They are not the same.

I don't think there's any church -- institution -- that is free of cult-like aspects. They're made of humans and that's one of the things we humans do.

Nick

Nick Arnett
Director, Business Intelligence Services
LiveWorld Inc.
Phone/fax: (408) 551-0427
[EMAIL PROTECTED]