----- Original Message -----
From: "Horn, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 6:05 AM
Subject: RE: New Hate-Mongering Chick Tract is out

> From: Robert Seeberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Untrue John.
> Christian describes a multitude of varying forms of belief.
> Southern Baptists are just one brand on the shelf.
>
> Frex.......and correct me if I am wrong, but Catholics are a
larger
> set of Christians in America than Southern Baptists.
> Though I will grant you that Southern Baptists may be louder
> concerning their beliefs and more forceful in regards to making
their
> environment conform to their religious beliefs.
> But in no way do I see Southern Baptists as the stereotype for all
> Christians.
> Fundamentalists perhaps..........

I know all that.  I never meant to say that Baptists were
representative of all Christians.  Far from it.  In my experience,
if you ask someone who isn't a Baptist what religion they are they
will say "Presbyterian" or "Episcopal" or "Catholic".  Or if they
are asking you, they will say something like "what church to you go
to?" or something like that.  A Baptist will ask "Are you a
Christian?"  And they don't appear to include any of the above.

(Sorry about misunderstanding you)
I find the above very agreeable and it conforms nicely to my personal
experience.
It is as if fundamentalists of the same stripe as Southern Baptists
use a substantially different toolkit from other milder Christians. A
toolkit with quite a few hammers and crowbars and not enough
screwdrivers and wrenches.

xponent
Metaphors That Confuse Maru
rob