Depends on the story.  I would place Moore's story telling with the "young
buck buying steak with food stamps story."  There was a documentary at the
South by Southwest film festival (I think I got the name right) in Austin,
by self-proclaimed leftists, on Moore.  One tidbit about his technique is
that he did get an interview of the "Roger" in Roger and me.  It didn't fit
his film, so he didn't include it.

>Seems to me that simple stories often have been the most powerful
> means of changing a system.  For example, what does the name "Rose Parks"
> refer, but a simple story illustrative of a systemic problem?  Simple
> stories bring big issues home, don't they?

Simple true stories that go to the heart of the matter, do.  Polemic films,
like birth of a nation, don't.

Dan M.