Well, technically, the proposal doesn't force people to walk.  There could
be mass transit on each and every street, I suppose.  It's just that any
realistic implementation of the proposal would force people who are not
capable of walking moderately long distances to do so.

I think that the main difference between you and others is that you envision
a practical way to have no cars in London without making people walk and
others, including me, don't.  Or is it that you don't think practical
implications are germane?

> I point out this is massive strawman.

Point out implies that your statement is self evidently true.  I would like
to submit the proposition that you might be wrong.  That you are missing
something others are seeing.  It happens to us all....it certainly happens
to me.

>  Its not very difficult but it does betray the total lack of logic I
> have come to expect from Brin-L.

Well, you are insulting us with a pretty broad brush here, aren't you?  This
statement implies that "lack of logic" is a tautology when someone differs
with your reasoning.  I really don't think that is true.   If you would
like, I'll dust off my symbolic logic and show I used logic to arrive at my
conclusions.

I'm not usually this sarcastic, but I guess it is a bit irksome when someone
accuses me of having a total lack of logic just because I differ with
them....since it is a significant part of my professional training and day
to day work and all.

If you think my logic is faulty, I'd very much appreciate a formal analysis
of it so I can see where I ere.

Dan M.