On Apr 24, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Andrew Crystall wrote:

> On 24 Apr 2008 at 11:37, Max Battcher wrote:
>
>> * The PDF Exporter (Save As PDF) for Office 2007 is a free download:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>>  (Adobe blocked it from the out of box install, which to me is a
>> pretty
>> petty maneuver...)
>
> As a warning, the output from this is absolutely horrible and I've
> had no end of issues with it. Using either the proper Acrobat or
> something like the Bullzip PDF printer gives you much cleaner
> results.

Well, as long as the answer to Nick's frustrations with Office 2007
is to suggest an entirely different office package (Open Office, which
I was forced by Sun Microsystems to use, and found it to be a turd,
but that was about 5 years ago), it is probably OK for me to say that
the best/most cost-effective PDF output I've obtained comes free via
the "Preview" button on every Mac OS X print dialog, and works in
every application, not just Office.

Dave