On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Michael Harney
<dolp...@mikes3dgallery.com>wrote:

> Oh, as for an example of Jesus not "respectfully disagreeing", call to
your recollection what
> Jesus did to the vendors in the temple.  I believe it had something to do
with shouting,
> throwing over tables, smashing merchandise and even wielding a whip.  It's
been a while
> though, so I may be a little cloudy on the details.

This is the first thing I thought of too when I saw this thread.  But I do
agree with the general sentiment.  Just when you think things can't possibly
get any more nasty, they do.  It makes Dr. Brin's prediction after the 2000
elections all the more prescient.

 - jmh