Charlie Bell wrote:

On 23/09/2009, at 8:26 AM, Pat Mathews wrote:

If I was uncivil, I apologize. I said what it appeared to me to be, but I may be wrong. At any rate, this was addressed, not to those who considered the plea ineffective, but those who began religious arguments.

Well, this is a list where we could start a pretty indepth discussion on whether Jaffa Cakes are biscuits or cakes (um, I'm agnostic on this). So

Charlie--

Just to prove your point, I'll say they're cookies.
(Which are not biscuits, since those are typically
made with buttermilk.  : )  )

The "Christian nation" bit rubs me the wrong way
too.  Probably because I've heard it used to justify
things I strongly disagree with.

                                ---David

Mr Potter ruled that the Jaffa Cake is a cake. McVities therefore won
the case and VAT is not paid on Jaffa Cakes.  --Wikipedia