Davd Brin wrote:
>Putting aside arguments over methods, many of the participants in
>MoveOn want to see a touchy-feely future in which all children are
>given free food and education and the Earth is safe for dolphins and
>apes. People will be careful not to hurt each others feelings by
>saying unkind things.

>The Christian Coalition also has a definite image of the desireable
>Earth of a hundred years from now... a burnt out cinder, ravaged by
>war and pestilence and covered with skeletons scattered during a
>final battle between good and evil.

So my choices are a boring, politically correct world where we all
listen to Polyphonic Spree and conform to the Thumper mantra out of fear of being
shunned like an Amish who takes a car out for a spin and , or a world where we fight
like we're Lokai and Bele in "Let
That Be Your Last Battlefield" until we're all dead?

Is there a "none of the above" choice available?  :)

Jim