--- Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've found myself compelled to contribute money to
> the opposition where I
> have never seriously considered it before and even
> to attend propaganda*
> films such as the Moore movie to show support for
> those that would oust
> these scumbags.

Here we have exactly why I'm not a Democrat.  Michael
Moore has expressed his desire that Americans in Iraq
_die_.  He has said he _wants that to happen_.  The
time when he made that statement was one when I was
virtually certain that I was going to be one of those
Americans, so I took it rather personally.

Americans who want other Americans to die at the hands
of their enemies - I call them traitors.  What do you
think about them, Doug?  You served in the military -
how can you _live_ with yourself knowing that you're
on his side.  He wants your (former) comrades-in-arms
to _die_.  I still might be going to Iraq later this
summer, in which case I guess he _still_ wants me to
die.  Judging by this list, that wouldn't bother most
of the people on it.  But I would hope that expressing
such a wish about those who are faithfully serving
their country would put someone beyond the pale.

I have occassionally commented about the level of
hatred that you espouse for those who disagree with
you as why I'm reluctant to discuss these things with
you.  Here's why in a nutshell.  You may disagree with
the President.  That's fine.  I might as well.  But I
didn't hate Bill Clinton, and I can't imagine hating
anyone so much that I'd line up with a traitor like
Michael Moore - line up with my an enemy of my
country.  If you rejoined the Navy, Doug, just
remember that by attending that movie you contributed
money to someone who would want you dead.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"