> Now, here's the thing.  Predicting they will win,
> okay, that's tolerable.  It's stupid.  But whatever.
> But when you call a bunch of guerrillas "The
> Minutemen" then you're not just saying that they
> will
> win, you're saying that you _want them_ to win.
> Most
> Americans, after all, think it was a good thing that
> the minutemen did win.  Read in conjunction with his
> other statement - in the same post - and I think the
> meaning becomes even more clear.  He doesn't just
> think we shouldn't have invaded Iraq - now that
> we're
> there, he _wants us to lose_.  Other than through
> the
> deaths of American soldiers, how are we going to
> lose,
> actually?

I think you're interpreting that statement in a way
that is most favorable to your argument, IMHO. I think
he is simply stating that from the perspective of the
Iraqis they are no different than our own
revolutionaries. Just like the Minutemen of 1775 they
are fighting for the liberty of their society.
According to his interpretation.

I think it's disingenous to assume Moore must be a
traitor for his somewhat overblown quotes; to assume
that will cloud one's analysis.

Damon.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: