--- Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wouldn't the same teachers agree that it is stating
> that the Americans
> deserve to die?
>
> Dan M.

There is a little more to the quote than that,
actually.  From earlier in the same Michael Moore
statement:

The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation
are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy."
They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their
numbers will grow -- and they will win.

Now, here's the thing.  Predicting they will win,
okay, that's tolerable.  It's stupid.  But whatever.
But when you call a bunch of guerrillas "The
Minutemen" then you're not just saying that they will
win, you're saying that you _want them_ to win.  Most
Americans, after all, think it was a good thing that
the minutemen did win.  Read in conjunction with his
other statement - in the same post - and I think the
meaning becomes even more clear.  He doesn't just
think we shouldn't have invaded Iraq - now that we're
there, he _wants us to lose_.  Other than through the
deaths of American soldiers, how are we going to lose,
actually?

As for slander...actually libel (libel is when it's
printed).  I'd say that in my opinion anyone who
threatens a lawsuit over opinions expressed as part of
open debate on the internet is a fatuous blowhard and
a moral and intellectual coward.  I suppose that is an
accurate description of Michael Moore, but somehow I'm
not worried.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]