As far as an FAQ goes, according to gwoo the Bakery will get one soon (?). People will be able to ask and answer questions,
but the public FAQ itself will be moderated / maintained by the core developers / contributors.

Best Regards,
Felix Geisendörfer aka the_undefined

kiper schrieb:
Praise the powers that be, the wiki is dead. I suppose I could start
a page on the manual that only features FAQs. Anyone want to help on
that?

I'll gladly help you with that, John, if you're interested! Still feel
like a blueberry but I've been around since July :)

I think that the manual and the api are ample information for the
beginner and the Bakery is shaping up nicely.

Maybe the problem is, as Nate says, that there are too many beginners
that haven't got a clue about programming, PHP or MySQL. So, a FAQ that
points them in the right direction and gives them examples of what the
Cake Foundation think is "good" coding if you're going to work with
CakePHP, seems like a very good idea.