Another possibility is:

let x = List.map begin fun z ->
 very_blabla
end my_list in

It's quite compact, doesn't run into the margin, is consistent with tuareg, but might be less readable.

--
Romain Bardou

Dave Benjamin a écrit :
Romain Bardou wrote:
let x = List.map (fun z ->
                    very_long_stuff_blablablablablablablabla)

I tend to write this sort of thing as:

let x =
  List.map
    (fun z ->
       very_long_stuff_blablablablablablablabla)

which, as you may notice, still can't be done with tabs alone due to the extra space after the opening parenthesis. I'm curious what you all think of this coding style, which seems on one hand to be excessively... um, vertical? but it does seem to strike a balance between Tuareg's indentation rules and the problem of "running into the margin" too quickly.

BTW, If you keep the function on the first line, it's a bit more compact, but the indentation no longer tells the truth about the real hierarchy:

let x = List.map
  (fun z ->
     very_long_stuff_blablablablablablablabla)

This is why I tend to put the function on a line of its own as soon as things start to wrap.

Dave