I notice these excerpts from your u-boot log:

> TFTP from server 192.100.16.206; our IP address is 192.168.24.121; sending
> through gateway 192.168.24.1

…and...

> IP-Config: Complete:
>      device=eth0, addr=192.168.24.121, mask=255.255.255.0, gw=192.168.24.1
>      host=roach1.solar.pvt, domain=solar.pvt solar.ovro.caltech.edu,
> nis-domain=(none)
>      bootserver=192.100.16.206, rootserver=192.100.16.206,
> rootpath=/srv/roach2_boot/etch
>      nameserver0=192.100.16.2VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying
> floppy.

It is not technically wrong to have the boot and root server be on a different
subnet (192.100.16.x) from the ROACH2s, but I wonder if this is what you really
intend.  The IP address 192.100.16.206 appears to be the public facing IP
address of your server.  I suspect maybe you really want those to be using IP
address 192.168.24.1 (or some other address on the 192.168.24.0/24 subnet).
This is something that would get changed in the DHCP config files.  Are you
using dnsmasq for DHCP/TFTP/DNS for the ROACH2s?

Dave