Hi Dave,

This is the information in the server syslog:

Aug 24 12:41:59 ovsa in.tftpd[35999]: RRQ from 192.168.24.121 filename
uImage-roach2
Aug 24 12:42:16 ovsa rpc.mountd[1022]: authenticated mount request from
192.168.24.121:892 for /mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot/etch
(/mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot)
Aug 24 12:42:21 ovsa rpc.mountd[1022]: authenticated mount request from
192.168.24.121:773 for /mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot/etch
(/mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot)
Aug 24 12:42:31 ovsa rpc.mountd[1022]: authenticated mount request from
192.168.24.121:932 for /mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot/etch
(/mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot)
Aug 24 12:42:51 ovsa rpc.mountd[1022]: authenticated mount request from
192.168.24.121:733 for /mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot/etch
(/mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot)
Aug 24 12:43:21 ovsa rpc.mountd[1022]: authenticated mount request from
192.168.24.121:935 for /mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot/etch
(/mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot)
Aug 24 12:43:51 ovsa rpc.mountd[1022]: authenticated mount request from
192.168.24.121:799 for /mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot/etch
(/mnt/data0/srv/roach2_boot)

so it seems that it tried 6 times and succeeded 6 times, but it doesn't
seem to know it.  I guess this suggests a transport issue (version
incompatibility or something) rather than a configuration or permissions
error.

I am curious about the root=/dev/nfs part of the netboot command.  I assume
the ROACH is trying to mount /srv/roach2_boot/etch as /.  There is a
directory /srv/roach2_boot/etch/dev, but not a
/srv/roach2_boot/etch/dev/nfs.  But of course that hasn't changed from
the previous working version, so I don't see how it can be a problem.

Regards,
Dale