On Thursday 11 January 2007 13:51, you wrote:

> 1) is it even possible to observe any arbitrary, completely, truly
> disordered molecule (besides bulk solvent - vide infra) in the crystalline
> state with x-ray diffraction?

I do not truly understand what you are trying to ask, but I point out that
an entire session of the 2006 ACA meeting last summer was devoted to crystal
structures with "whole molecule disorder".  Is that what you had in mind?
The abstracts are probably still on-line.

--
Ethan A Merritt
Biomolecular Structure Center