From: CCP4 bulletin board on behalf of Daniel Gutmann
Sent: Tue 4/17/2007 10:03 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb]

Hey there,

I have crystallised a protein in 30% MPD and it it gives nice native data.
However, it seems impossible to get heavy metal derivatives and I read that MPD
does chelate heavy metals. Did any of you make similar experiences with xtals
in MPD conditions? If so did you find a good solution  (introduction of selmet
makes the protein ustable) to make heavy metal derivatives?

Best Regards

Daniel