Apologies for going slightly further off-topic...

Last time I had a free half-day to look into sharp, I noticed that the
academic license prohibits reverse-engineering.  This seemed to put any
comparative testing into a slightly grey area.  For example, if I find
that sharp does the best job refining sites, but bp3 outputs better
phases for a dataset due to different representation of phase
probabilities*, I've implicitly constructed a primitive model of how
sharp is working.  This seems close enough to a first step of
reverse-engineering that I was concerned.

Could someone confirm that I'm worrying about things I don't need to here?

Pete

* Purely hypothetical example.