@all,

we've been comparing various programs during our SGPP times (that was about 2 years ago) Sharp, Shelx, bp3, mlphare, SnB (BnP). If I remember it correctly at that time Sharp was the winner, although the site finding was the major bottleneck/problem. What we ended doing was finding sites (SeMet) by an external program (most of the time Shelx) and feeding them into Sharp.

I do remember long time ago the setup on a G5 MacPro which worked fine, I did have quite some exchange with Clemens to get it running though - mostly because I'm a user and not a programmer.

On a side note we also looked at HKL, Mosflm, XDS processing of data, we observed differences in the ability of e.g. Shelx to locate SeMet sites depending on the processing program you used. Of course perfect data was undistinguishable, but some datasets which were more tricky to process showed significant differences in locating the SeMet positions. In those cases XDS was better. This is of course running all programs with their default parameters and not tweaking them.

Jürgen