At the risk of dragging this discussion even further afield from crystallography:

How can you get realistic numbers for concentrated solutions using the Nanodrop? I understand that the instrument reduces absorbance by using a very short path length. However, I thought that in order for the Beer-Lambert formalism to be applicable, the solution needs to be sufficiently dilute so that the chance of molecules "shadowing" one another is negligible. Isn't this condition violated for concentrated solutions (even with short path lengths)?

Pat