As Warren pointed out, dual-boot is so 20th century it's surprising people
still bother with it.  For me, dual boot (never mind it was on a fantastic
Thinkpad) was the major reason to go for OSX.  I was simply too sick of
it..  It might sound like heresy to true Macolytes but I feel I have now the
advantages of Linux (shell, fink, scientific programs) and XP (commercial
programs) in one box, and I can't see why anyone would prefer to do science
any other way.

Andreas