Donnie Berkholz wrote:
On 14:02 Mon 04 May     , Paul Paukstelis wrote:
Openoffice with Zotero/Firefox works very nicely for refs.

I've found the OpenOffice plugin for Zotero to be very flaky on my Linux system. In my experience, it's crash-prone, slow, and likely to corrupt my document and totally screw up references to the point of being unfixable. My current workflow involves switching to Endnote in OS X as a final step for adding references after writing the rest in Google Docs.

Is everything up to date? I admit that reference insertion is a little slow, but I don't see any document corruption issues. I think the fact that it isn't exactly the same as EndNote is a turn off to some people since that is all they are used to. Zotero is also nice for being able to take page snapshots for a given reference as you are browsing. This can be the pdf itself, or even some webpage that you find that might have information related to that reference.

--
Paul Paukstelis, Ph.D.
Research Associate