Ed Pozharski wrote:
On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 11:50 +0100, mb1pja wrote:
.. but OSX gives you Unix AND you can run Word /Powerpoint without rebooting. And you get a user-friendly ergonomic windowing system that kicks the **** out of XP/Vista/KDE/Gnome...

best wishes

Pete

I guess you should check some compiz videos on youtube...  Regarding
ergonomic features, there are three things I found so addictive I keep
trying to use them on the Widows machine I have to use (for fairness
sake, there is no good alternative to Word/Endnote combination when it
comes to refs):

Openoffice with Zotero/Firefox works very nicely for refs. I made the transition from a dualboot to a Linux-only system a couple of years ago and there is nothing I miss. If I need windows, Wine or VMware do the trick.

I've seen gnome desktops that look (and presumably function) very much like OSX.

--paul

--
Paul Paukstelis, Ph.D.
Research Associate