Hi Colin,

you can add f' for every atom type in SHELXL yourself, so in that sense,
it has been incorporated in SHELX. Bear in mind that the nucleus is
point-like to X-rays at ordinary wavelengths so that it should not have
a form factor like the electron cloud but a constant scattering length -
just as they do for neutron scattering.

You can do the maths at what resolution the form factor and the constant
1:1860 scattering length contribution cross. It is not ridiculously
small but nowhere near 0.8A. Charge density people may need to take this
into account, but I don't know if they do.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Dr Tim Gruene