It was thus said that the Great Chris via cctalk once stated:
>  I just don't remember anyone declaring this to be an 8-bit list. Back
>  when I was a member no one said pc stuff was off topic. Which is why I
>  asked. And wasn't aware JW didn't own or run tne list anymore.

  One rule I remember (from the early 2000s) is that anything 10 years or
older is on-topic.  At that point, it was pretty much stuff up to around
1990 or there abouts.  I personally feel that MS-DOS is fine, and even
Windows up through 2.x is okay, but Windows 3 or higher is probably not a
fit for this list (aka, anything Wintel is not fine).

  As far as 1990 goes, that is now 30 years ago (nearly 33 in fact).  The
SGI I used in 1992 is probably on topic (as it was never mainstream, but a
cool machine nonetheless), but not a PC from 1992.

  -spc