On Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 05:14:13 PM EST, Sean Conner via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

 One rule I remember (from the early 2000s) is that anything 10 years or
older is on-topic. At that point, it was pretty much stuff up to around
1990 or there abouts. I personally feel that MS-DOS is fine, and even
Windows up through 2.x is okay, but Windows 3 or higher is probably not a
fit for this list (aka, anything Wintel is not fine).

 As far as 1990 goes, that is now 30 years ago (nearly 33 in fact). The
SGI I used in 1992 is probably on topic (as it was never mainstream, but a
cool machine nonetheless), but not a PC from 1992.

 -spc

As a general rule, by my reckoning, something 1990 ish is the breakpoint for
what's truly vintage also. Sgi, Amiga, Atari, all vintage. 386 pc's, I tend to
say no, but wouldn't howl about it. There's a lot of shooting from the hip ,
but my opinion is real close to Sean's and a lot of other people. And like
someone said there is loads of expertise on forums like this. It's seems a
shame not to tap into it.