Or do what the Ham Radio guys do and have a commercial auction house that
specializes in collectable computers. KF5CNC 73Sent from my Verizon, Samsung
Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: John Foust via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> Date: 7/16/24  3:00 PM  (GMT-06:00) To:
cctalk@classiccmp.org Cc: John Foust <jfo...@threedee.com> Subject: [cctalk]
Re: Fwd: Civility; Was Re: Re: LCM auction  pre-notice At 02:10 PM 7/16/2024,
Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:>Collectors always assert that their collection has
value, and the next of kin never believe a word of that.It's not just the
claimed value, which could be correct at a given moment in time.  It's the cost
involved in physically storing thestuff, the time and skill it would take to
assess and describe itall for sale, and then conducting the sale and shipment.
It's a lot of work.At 02:35 PM 7/16/2024, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:>We also
talked about sticking it to the survivors.  I think we concluded>it's best to
sell or give away the collection before you're too old to do so.Far easier to
acquire something - just one more! - than to dispose of one.- John