>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Oct 30 17:38:40 2001

>>>I only have a Pioneer A03, but if anyone with a DVD burner want to
>>>test the cdrecord in the unsupported directory on Mandrake mirrors (on
>>>ftp.free.fr for example in
>>>/pub/Distributions_Linux/Mandrake-devel/unsupported/8.1/i586)
>>
>>>This version has the DVD patch.
>>
>> And violates the GPL!

>In which regard does it violate the GPL ?

It does not include Source! Remove the binary immediately or add source.

In addidion, I don't like modified versions to float around with the same name
as the original. Either change the name or make it otherwise clear that this
is _not_ the original cdrecord.

In this special case it is particulary bad because the hack does not
add new things to cdrecord but is a different implementation for a feature
that is available from me for 3.5 years. If you don't make it clear, that this
is _not_ the official cdrecord-ProDVD I am forced to change the license
so that it is no more 100% GPL :-(

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling