>But of course all this hinges on the issue of..IS mankind
>contributing to Global Warming? I think the general consensus is
>that we are.

The general consensus is only in the main stream media, not the scientific community.
I believe they have documented some changes, but no one has any idea if changes are do
to mankind.

>And also the general consensus is that by the time we start
>seeing radical changes in the environment it would be too late.
>I think we are already seeing the effects of global warming
>with storms becoming more and more savage.

The storm thing is pure BS. If you believe it, all forms of weather anomalies could be
linked to global warming. If you get a unusually cold winter, it's global warming. If
you get a hot summer stretch it's global warming. You can't win. We do know that
weather changes.

>I think if we wait for some sort of concrete proof nothing will
>ever be done,

If it starts affecting the economy, and we know we can change it (it's man made),
counter measures will probably be taken.

>We can only theorise based on observations we make now and what
>we know to be the effect of greenhouse gases in the
>atmosphere.

Yep. For further information, maybe we should call the Psychic Friends Network.

>I also don't think that the major reason why the US abstained
>was because the treaty did not make sense, but for purely
>economic reasons, and perhaps that the treaty is indeed a
>stepping stone to something more stringent and the Bush
>administration did not want to even put a toe on that stone.

Either did Clinton.

Lee