>The simple fact is that the rest of the world has recognised there is a
>problem and have resolved to try and do something about it, the US is out on
>its own and has been rightly criticised for its stance.

Wayne, you're going to need to stick to "simple" facts if you can't tell
the difference between "signed" and "ratified".

But you know, you do have something there. The rest of the world(Europe)
did indeed recognize a problem: an overabundance of restless, inchoate
Greens. So to keep them from leaving the sandbox, the Luddite Left were
given an all-expenses paid junket to beautiful downtown Kyoto. While there,
the anti-SUV crowd cooked up a truly hilarious agreement which provided
ample explanation for why Greens do not win elections.

When the kids returned home, their parents(governing coalition partners)
managed to ignore Kyoto for the most part. And when the Greens occasionally
noted this, guys like Gerhard Schroeder(sp?) engaged them in a truly clever
game of intercontinental "good cop, bad cop", with guess who, the U.S. as
the bad cop.

To paraphrase Camille Paglia, if the Kyoto crowd were in charge, we'd still
be living in grass huts.

Dave Fobare