I am well aware of the nature of vertical alignment in CSS1. My comments were meant to suggest this is a deficency and it would be better if it could apply to block level elements as well. For instance, one thing I have a real problem with is DIVs appearing in DIVs, I would like to be able to just tell the parent to put all content at the bottom.

Sandy Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Vertical Alignment is used for the content elements contained in something,
not for the block level elements themselves.  Block level elements need to
be lined up using positioning.