--- William H Bowen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> well, Gel is from Trinidad, but that is beside the
> point at the moment.
>
> What Gel is asking is can you dispute the reported
> statistic? Can you
> counter the claim that 60% of 18-25 year olds in the
> survey could not
> point out Great Britain on a map? Can you refute the
> claim that 92% of
> Americans do not posess a passport?
I don't have access to that report. And don't think
the details matter anyway.

As for the passport, European countries are like the
US states. In Europe it's usually only a couple of
hours or less to another country so passports are
common. One can spend a lifetime traveling America.
It's huge. The only places driving distance from the
US is Canada and Mexico. And unless you live on the
border it maybe to far to drive. Going by plane is
usually a big and expensive vacation. You can't just
drive around and look for a cheap motel, you need to
book it in advance. How many Europeans traveled
outside Europe?
So calling people stupid because they didn't make the
effort to go to Europe is kind of elitist don't you
think?

-sm