"We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don't know about
anything that's happening outside our country. Our stupidity is
embarrassing. National Geographic produced a survey which showed that 60
per cent of 18-25 year olds don't know where Great Britain is on a map.
And 92 per cent of us don't own a passport."

Not whether it equates to stupidity, let's leave that aside. But is it
untrue.

"We, the United States of America, are culpable in committing so many
acts of terror and bloodshed that we had better get a clue about the
culture of violence in which we have been active participants."

And is this untrue?

-Gel