--- Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe not those people, but the Palestinians in
> general, during the
> 90s, supported the land deals that Mr. Arafat was
> negotiating with Mr.
> Clinton.  From what I've seen the deal was as good
> as done and the
> Palestinians supported it which is why there weren't
> any attacks for 8
> years.

There was no peace.
Between September 13,1993-August 11, 1999

Terrorist Activity  Judea and Samaria  Gaza Strip
IDF soldiers killed  20  32
IDF soldiers wounded  617  419
Israeli civilians killed  43  5
Israeli civilians wounded  567  86
Molotov cocktails  1784  715
Shootings  305  453
Cases of arson  102  13
Explosive devices  157  181
Fragmentation grenades  58  62
Stabbings  284  214

> Mr. Arafat, from what I see, betrayed the deal and
> therefore his
> people - they, however don't understand that, and so
> have gone to
> their hardline position of "no Israel."

> I mostly agree with you except I would say the
> average Palestinian
> wants and would agree to a land deal; the militants
> won't but they're
> a minority.

But they have the power and will kill anyone who sides
with Jews.