Hi All,

So please help me clarify something:

1.) you're saying that the Jews, who had no country at the time, were
at war with the British and so bombing a hotel that was being used as
a base by the British is just fine.  What was the British/Jewish war
called?

2.) The killing of British soldiers in Northern Ireland was perfectly
fine since Sinn Fein saw them as an occupying force and soldiers are a
military target.

3.) If the Japanese decide, as many have, that the American military
must go, they may bomb any soldiers or military bases that they see
fit?

Overall, my point was that terrorism is ages old but within the
confines of Palestinian Israeli conflict, you could say both are
guilty of terrorism.  I guess I'm saying there's 2 sides to the
argument and I don't see why the Israeli argument is better than the
Palestinian.

If the overall Israeli argument is: Palestine supported Hitler, Hitler
lost WWII, Palestinians get nothing.  That's fine with me, but I don't
think the Palestinians agree.

Lastly, trying to define "terrorism" is not game to be won; especially
discriminating between military and civilian.  I don't consider the
sniping of American soldiers on any soil as ok, and just a war
activity.  The line between war and terrorism is more blurred than
ever and it's what America used to win its land.  The British thought
we'd stand in nice neat lines to be shot because that was civilized
war.  The American decided to hide in the woods and shoot the soldiers
on the way to the battlefield.  At the time we were insurgents.

Finally on al Jazeera - I'm not saying they're a great single source
for "fair and balanced" news, I"m saying they're a good source for
*information* which is different.

I wasn't trying to give a comprehensive history of Israel, only
pointing out that we've all used terrorism to get what we want.
Define terrorism any way you'd like.  I think what's going on in Iraq
is terrorism, what's going on in Israel is terrorism, and what's
happening in, say, Gaza is terrorism.

Why?  Because lots of Palestinians are terrified of Israel and they
can't be sure if walking down the street one day they won't be killed
by Israeli rockets.

BTW - wasn't there 8 years of peace during the ninties while Mr.
Clinton was negotiating peace?