> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm just wondering if you consider the insurgency attacks in Iraq to be justified?

To be clear, I have 2 points:

1.) Anytime somebody violently attacks someone else to accomplish a
political objective, it's terrorism unless it's self defense.  So yes,
*I* consider the insurgency attacks terrorism and therefore
unjustified.

2.) When somebody can make a reasonable argument that attacks are
justified the line between terrorism and war will get blurred.
Further not all war is justified so it complicates it even more.

The original question here is why there is Arab hatred towards the US.
You implied the reasons are random and that the Arabs just don't like
us so they make up reasons.

My point was, that's not true of you and it's not true of them.  From
their perspective the reasons they hate us are justified - the
question is are they reasonable?

The answer is yes.  They feel the US rewards Israeli "terror" and
punishes Arab "terror".  The 90% unilateral invasion of Iraq and 100%
shunning of the UN confirmed that fear for many Arabs - according to
polls ~90% up from ~40%.

When I consider events from their perspective, I can see how they view
the US as hypocritical and, therefore, an enemy.