Is it fair to blame religion for the faults of the followers though?
Does any religion _really_ promote hatred? It seems to me that most of
the problems come from interpertation, not religion or faith in general.

To simply say, "you must be able to prove it" (to provide my crude
summary of the link below), is far to simple. Faith, and other icky hard
to define things, like love, hate, etc, are part of us, and to simply
write it off as unscientific is... well, sad.

For every Falwell, there are thousands, if not millions, of people who
use their faith in God/InsertNameHere to make their lives, and those
around them, better.

-RC