This reminds me of a classic:

A professor sets a jar on a table and says to his class, "this jar
represents your life."  He reaches under the table and pulls out a box
of rocks and says, "these rocks represent your career."  He proceeds
to put the rocks into the jar until he can't add any more and asks,
"is your life full?"  Some of the students nod.

Next the professor displays a box of pebbles and says, "these pebbles
are your spouse and kids."  He pours in all of the pebbles and shakes
the jar until the pebbles fill all of the spaces and asks, "is your
life full?"  More students nod.

Next he displays a box of sand and says, "this sand is your extended
family."  Again, he pours in the sand, shakes the jar until the sand
fills the gaps and asks, "is your life full now?"  All of the students
nod.

Finally the professor reveals 3 cans of beer, opens them, and pours
them into the jar.  Wide eyed, the student stare at the professor who
asks, "do you know what this proves?"  All of the students look
dumbfounded.

"It proves", the professor says with a glint in his eye, "that there's
always room in your life for few beers."